Romance for the newly single guy, or any guy for that matter, can be a daunting prospect. What do women want anyway? Well, if you’re paying attention you might be able to pick up on a few various serious cues pertaining to your lady’s desire and expectation.
All women want romance, whether it’s your first date or your ninth. Some of the chick flicks actually get it right. Women want adventure, passion, romance. It doesn’t always have to be on a grand scale, but whether your aim is to woo for a single evening or a lifetime, romance needs to be a staple part of your repertoire.
- Make her feel like she’s the only woman on the planet. Go out of your way to make her feel special. It may seem cheesy, but the old standards apply here. Bring her flowers. Open the door. Offer to pay for dinner. Even if the woman you’re dating is more progressive she will find such chivalrous qualities endearing.Gallant gestures can definitely go a long way, but it’s not romance isn’t all about such idiosyncrasies. Simple things like making eye contact and engaging in a spirited conversation lend themselves to a specific brand of romance.
- Spontaneity is key. There’s an element of excitement that accompanies spontaneity. Maybe that’s why some of the most incredible love stories involve the characters traveling the world on a whim.While you may not be jumping on the next red eye, you can surprise your lady love with a night on the town, a fun dinner at a new place or a performance of rock star karaoke in front of hundreds of strangers.
- True romance has nothing to do with the amount of money you can spend. Having a million bucks in your bank account won’t make you any more inherently romantic than the next dude. While it might make more options available at a second’s notice, money can’t buy sincerity. Again, these things might seem cheesy to you but believe me when I say that chick’s adore romantic gestures like a love note to a walk on the beach, hand-in-hand.
- Tell her how you really feel. It’s no great mystery that compliments can go along way. Think your lady is a beauty? Tell her so. Turned on by her intellect and humor? Lay it all out there. Never met anyone who got you more than she seems to at that moment? Open up. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, and really put yourself out there. It doesn’t have to be mushy, but there is something distinctively sexy and romantic about a man who can live genuinely in a moment without out fear of what tomorrow will bring.
- Mood and ambiance matter. Every movie, book and love song that’s worth it’s salt can set a scene. There’s a reason that imagery is so effective and leaves a lasting imprint. Mood, location and ambiance really do matter. Choose your stage carefully. Pay attention to the details. For example, if you’ve learned your date’s favorite scent is jasmine, make an effort to accent the evening with scented candles. She will notice. Her favorite flower is the lily? Well, fancy that. You just happen to have a number of lily arrangements situated strategically throughout the house. You remember her saying her favorite food is pizza. Go out of your way to make a special delivery at lunch time. These are the small, romantic touches that will really get her attention.
Romance doesn’t always come easily to men. Hell, it’s a foreign language to some women. But there is nothing that impresses or leaves a lasting impression upon someone you’re trying to get to know more than an obviously well-planned, customized date. So even in the face of frustration over not knowing exactly how to proceed with romance at every turn, don’t give up. Stay committed to learning about the lady in your life, and make small gestures to win her over. There’s nothing more romantic than that.
- Looking for love? Tried the dictionary? Matchmaker: ˈmaCHˌmākər matchmaker, noun; a person who arranges relationships and marriages between others, either informally or, in certain cultural communities, as a formal occupation. I hate to break it to you, but unless you’re lucky enough to come from one of those “certain cultural…